PZR® has developed a zoning report format supported by municipal documentation which provides your staff with a reliable, independently confirmed statement that speaks to the compliance status of your property's existing use, setbacks, height, density and parking.
Our staff is available to assist in resolving specific zoning issues or problems that arise out of this review process and providing a determination with regard to rebuilding your property in the event of damage or destruction.
By allowing PZR® to provide you with this zoning report early in the due diligence process, comfort levels can be reached as to legal conforming and nonconforming issues. For a sample report see the link below. Alternatively, you can Request a sample report and we will email one to you.
Fees associated with portfolio transactions of multiple sites are negotiable, when economies of scale allow.
Our Research Includes:
- The specific zoning designation of the site, as established by the current municipal code.
- The uses allowed under the zoning designation established by the zoning ordinance and whether the present use of the subject site is legally permitted.
- The minimum yard or setback requirements and a review of the survey for compliance.
- The building height requirement, whether by number of stories or actual height above ground level, and a review of the survey for compliance.
- The bulk or density restrictions of the property, and a determination of compliance.
- The formula for determining the minimum parking requirement, and a comparison of the required parking count to the actual site count.
- Special circumstances to be considered would include: legal non-compliance of any of the above factors, the issuance of zoning compliance letters from the municipalities, the existence of variances, council minutes, certificates of occupancy, building inspections and the effect of site plan approval.
- The following municipal documents:
- Zoning Verification Letter
- Variances, Special Use Permits or Conditional Use Permits
- Zoning and Building Code Violation Information
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Copies of Approved Site Plan, if available